Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury accidents can result in catastrophic injuries with the potential to change victims’ lives forever. Some accidents may result in minor cuts or bruising, while others are so catastrophic that the physical injuries result in severe burns, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and even fatalities. Under California personal injury laws, accident victims injured by the negligent actions of someone else are legally entitled to seek financial compensation to recover damages.
In Los Angeles, CA, the personal injury law firm of Angeleno Accident Lawyers features an award-winning legal team committed to helping every client recover from the physical and psychological trauma that these serious accidents can cause. Our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers are relentless when it comes to defending injury victims’ rights and helping recoup their losses. With a 99% client success rate, we are confident in our ability to provide quality legal service during a difficult time.
For immediate and free consultation with our Los Angeles personal injury attorney, contact our law offices today.
Why Clients Choose Us As Their Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
Our top-rated legal team at Angeleno Accident Lawyers have years of experience helping countless personal injury victims recover from their accidents, as well as obtain compensation from unyielding insurance companies.
With a goal to obtain the best results possible, our personal injury lawyers are aggressive in all negotiations with the defendant’s insurance company.
Our personal injury law firm’s proven methods have earned us multiple awards and honors. Other benefits for choosing the personal injury firm of Angeleno Accident Lawyers include the following:
- Convenient White-Glove Services - We can always meet victims who are too injured to travel at a preferred location – whether that be at home or in the hospital.
- Around-the-Clock Support - Our legal professionals are available to offer support and address any inquiries that may arise during the case period. We are available to assist day or night, 365 days of the year.
- Free Consultation - Some attorneys charge hefty fees just for the initial meeting. Instead, we offer a free case review to offer potential clients peace of mind without having to worry about the financial stresses of consulting with an established lawyer.
- No Win, No Fee Promise - Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we do not charge our clients if we cannot successfully recover their compensation. Therefore, victims will not be burdened with any legal fees, granting them financial peace during the legal proceedings.
- Resources - Our success has allowed us to reinvest in our clients by providing them with all the resources needed to win their cases. This includes conducting private investigations to collect more evidence and working with other specialists in the field to further solidify a claim.
- Experience You Can Trust - Our success rate is attributable to our work ethic, knowledge, and dedication which continues to pay off time and time again. We have been successful in recovering over $300 million for past clients.
Types of Personal Injury Cases in Los Angeles
Personal injury law is also referred to as tort law.
The law allows an injured person harmed by someone's wrongful or negligent actions to seek compensation. A valid personal injury claim can be filed from a wide variety of incidents; however, an injury by itself does not automatically assume someone is liable.
Every accident is unique and can occur based on a number of factors. In Los Angeles, with its heavy traffic congestion, motor vehicle accidents occur on a daily basis. These auto collisions can involve passenger vehicles, bicycles, motorcycles, commercial trucks/vehicles, rideshares (Uber and Lyft), and pedestrians.
Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm has successfully recovered compensation for our clients.
Statute of Limitations in California
Personal injury claims need to be filed within a limited time frame.
In California, most victims are granted two years to file a personal injury claim against the other party. Sometimes, exceptions are made to extend this deadline. A qualified personal injury attorney will be familiar with these legalities and confirm special circumstances. Additionally, your Los Angeles personal injury lawyer will determine who to file the claim against, as multiple parties can be held accountable, like multiple motorists, vehicle manufacturers, or government/city agencies.
What if You’re Partially Responsible?
Personal injury claims need to be filed within a limited time frame.
California is a pure comparative fault state, which means an injured victim can still be awarded compensation even if both parties are partially liable for the accident. This is called comparative negligence. The courts will determine the percentage of liability to each party involved. The amount will be reduced depending on each person’s involvement in the accident.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim
After an accident, immediately seek medical attention.
This is the first step in filing a successful personal injury claim. Even if the injuries appear minor, do not self-diagnose. Only a medical professional can accurately determine the severity and treatment of accident injuries. Additionally, medical bills and documentation work as key evidence in your personal injury case.
Next, liability must be proven. Because California is an at-fault state, negligence laws require proof that the other party was responsible for causing the accident that resulted in injuries. An experienced personal injury attorney can assist by conducting a personal investigation, collecting strong evidence, and filing a claim against each appropriate party.
After being injured in an accident, victims have the legal right to recover compensation to account for their losses.
Damages that can be reimbursed include:
- Medical Bills - current and future medical expenses for treatments and care
- Property Damage - repair or replacement of personal property such as a vehicle from a car accident
- Lost Wages - lost income from past and future earnings
- Pain and Suffering - mental anguish, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and other general, non-economic damages
- Punitive Damages - exemplary damages awarded at the court’s discretion when the defendant’s behavior is found to be especially harmful
How Much Do Personal Injury Lawyers Cost?
During your search for legal representation, you may find that not all personal injury attorneys offer the same fee arrangements.
Some may charge a fixed or hourly fee for an initial consultation to assess your case, while others offer free consultations. Some personal injury attorneys may charge a retainer fee, which is a set fee based on their hourly rate when they take on your case. The most common type of fee arrangement for personal injury cases are contingency based. These personal injury attorneys are paid for their services on a contingency fee basis, meaning their fee is determined by a percentage of the settlement amount awarded in a case. If your case is not won, you won’t be charged for the legal service you were provided.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Do not accept the first offer from the defendant’s insurer.
Our law firm will conduct negotiations with the insurance companies and any other responsible parties who were involved in the crash. Victims have rights in a personal injury case. Do not let aggressive insurers attempt to get you to settle for less than you deserve. Schedule a free consultation today with us to learn about your legal options and how we can help.
Awards & Recognition
Our award-winning law firm has garnered a winning reputation for success.
Get the Help You Need
We understand the uniqueness of your case. With our expertise, years of experience, and our zeal to defend your rights against insurance companies and the negligent party, you have a chance to claim what's owed to you.